Sam Adams Odyssey part 7:
I do love a good holiday beer. They are not easy to drink in bulk, but their is just something warming about a beer with a good amount of spicing. It just helps warm me up in these HARSH Florida winters (well in my perspective, they feel harsh!). I was happy to see this beer at the nearby ABC liquor, and even happier to be able to pick it up as a single. I was expecting something more like X2mas (which is more of a spice beer), instead of the witbier that White Christmas is, but still, I can enjoy a good wit on a cold winter night.
well, lets just get to the review!
- Sam Adams (Boston brewery)
- White christmas, 1.99 single (about 7.99 for a 6 pack)
- Beer style: Witbier, 5.8%
- rating: ratebeer(46\100), beer advocate(79\100)
- personal rating: Ba style
- appearance: semi-clear golden colored brew, with a decent bit of rising up carbonation. 4\5
- aroma: Very malt and spice forward. It smells like cloves, a bit or coriander, and sweet malt. Good, but nothing to boast about. 3.5\5
- flavor: The smell does not betray this one, the flavor is all spice and malty goodness. Lots of sweet grainy malty flavor comes first in this brew, with a nice burst of warmth from the spices. A bit of honey flavor on the finish as well. Not too shabby. 4\5
- feel: it feels heavy, mostly due to its sweetness, which is helped out by its carbonation. 3.75\5
- overall: I was surprised by this beer. It is a surprisingly easy to drink well made witbier. Its flavors follow the wit style quite well, and the final product is actually a fairly decent desert beer (I classify it as such due to how sweet it is). I would be happy to drink it again and found no real problems with it at all. 4\5
- BA average(3.88\5), personal score(83\100)
|Worth it on sale!|
Worth picking up to try!