Friday, December 6, 2013

Blog mission

The idea for this blog comes from my relentless search to spend my hard earned money on the best beer in town. Id say that so far its been a pretty fun adventure so far, but I also noticed something: their is nearly no online information on new arrivals to the main beer stores in town!

the only way to find out what their is with the occasional update from distributes or stores, or to outright go their and search for new stuff! It makes me feel Like I might be missing something.....missing a LOT of beers when I simply do not have the time to drop off into the store and search for 20 minutes for something worth picking up!

I figure that it should be different, especially for people like me who only buy beers that have something really unique about them. After all, when you can already brew most kinds of beers yourself, odd beers are the only ones you really want to pick up!

so essentially, that's this blogs mission. Each time I check out a store, I'm going to report what new beers they have that look truly fascinating.

The primary stores that Ill be monitoring will be the Proof Bottle Shop, Beer stop, and the ABC on Thomasville. Ill also be looking at the main specialty stores in town (Trader Joes, New leaf, Earth Fare, and Whole foods) to see what kinds of stuff they pull out in their selection, tho I can guarantee that the best beers I find and post upon will be from the big 3 I listed above.

I also hope to post reviews of beer/brewing books, brewing equipment, and my own adventures in homebrewing and beer in general. Posting beer events might also be a fun idea, but Im torn on it since I rarely have time for such events since I started working.

Finally, Id love any readers or visitors to send me as many tips and hints of their own to beer finds and deals. I see outside tips as being the best source of information about the best beer for sale here in Tallahassee.

I'm hoping to really get into this project AFTER finals end on December 13th next week, when Ill be doing a big sweep of the big 3 beer mongers in town, and posting up a list of what looked cool and what I picked up.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment